- Your face: Greasepaint foundation (that’s lanolin based!) Flawless and pale is the look. Dust with powder to set.
- Your cheeks: Rouge in shades of berry, rose, or coral. Creme is more authentic, or use your lipstick and don’t blend it in.
- Your eyebrows: Super thin, even shaved off: pencilled on brows is a good look.
- Your eyes: Rim them top and bottom. Also smudge the kohl over your entire eyelid. You’re going for a smoky look.
- Your eyelashes: No falsies! Mascara in a wax-based cake form – sort of spit and polish. Get the idea?
- A Beauty Spot (optional): Make a triangle where one corner is the tip of your nose the other the corner of your lip. The third corner is where your beauty mark should go.
- Your lips: Clara Bow lips—Cupid’s bow … preferably with a berry coloured lipstick or pillar box red. It has to be matte.
- Accessories are a must: pearls, furs, feathers, dangling earrings, bracelets
- Dresses: waists must be dropped
- Hats: cloche
- Shoes: never forget the shoes!
- Check out the Victoria Room
- Thime your trip to catch the Gangster’s Ball
- Drop into Love Tilly Devine or Palmer & Co.
JAZZ BABY releases on October 22nd with Escape Publishing and is available for Pre-order NOW
First published on THE ESCAPADES BLOG