Shoes! Nora King, the heroine in The Love List, absolutely adores them. From plain white plimsolls through to: ‘…the most sinfully gorgeous deep wine-coloured patent peep-toe stiletto sling-backs she’d ever laid eyes on. They fitted her feet as though they’d been specially made for her and in them she felt, confident, capable, utterly in control… and the tiniest bit wicked.’
How about you? Are shoes on your “must-have” list, and if so, what are your favourites?
To prove why shoes make it onto most women’s must-have list, I’ve come up with another list. A list of my favourite shoe quotes:
1) “I can’t concentrate in flats!” Victoria Beckham
2) Stiletto, I look at it more as an attitude as opposed to a high-heeled shoe - Lita Ford
3) The fact is, sometimes it’s hard to walk in a single women’s shoes. That’s why we need really special ones now and then - to make the walk a little more fun - Carrie Bradshaw, Sex & The City
4) That’s like saying Prada’s are just shoes, or vodka is just a morning beverage! - Karen, Will & Grace
5) Return the shoes?! I can’t talk to you when you’re being hysterical! - Gabrielle, Desperate Housewives
6) The right shoe can make everything different. - Jimmy Choo
7) Put on your red shoes, and dance the blues. - David Bowie
8) Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life. - Anon
9) My shoes are special shoes for discerning feet. - Manolo Blahnik
10) Then close your eyes and tap your heels together three times. And think to yourself, “There’s no place like home” - The Wizard of Oz
If you have a favourite shoe quote I haven’t listed, please feel free to share—I love adding to my lists J
About The Love List:
Falling in love is just not on Nora King’s To Do List…
Neither is accidentally super-gluing her shoe to her hand right before the biggest presentation of her life! With all the hard work she’d put into securing the family business after her father’s death, Nora has no choice but to accept help from a knight in shining armour.
Disaster relief worker Ethan Love is still haunted by his last deployment, and desperate for distraction. He’s in town to ask Nora for a major favour, and swooping in to save her presentation is a sure way to get her on side.
As Ethan sticks around and helps Nora through her grief, her barriers tumble down…but will she dare to swap her To Do lists for a How to Fall in Love list?
AMAZON BARNES & NOBLE GOOGLE PLAY iBOOKS KOBO
My name’s Eve Devon and I write sexy heroes, sassy heroines and happy ever afters…
I kind of secretly believe it’s not too late for me to train as a professional dancer, MMA expert, or get asked to be Angelina Jolie’s body-double. I know. This is why writing fiction is for me!
Growing up in locations like Botswana and Venezuela gave me quite the taste for adventure and my love for romances began when my mother shoved one into my hands in a desperate attempt to keep me quiet during TV coverage of the Wimbledon tennis finals.
When I wasn’t consuming books by the bucketload, I could be found pretending to be a damsel in distress or running around solving mysteries and writing down my adventures. As a teenager, I wrote countless episodes of TV detective dramas so the hero and heroine would end up together every week. As an adult, I worked in a library to conveniently continue consuming books by the bucketload, until realising I was destined to write contemporary romance and romantic suspense myself. I live in leafy Surrey in the UK, a book-devouring, slightly melodramatic, romance-writing sassy heroine with my very own sexy hero husband!
Where you can find me:
WEBSITE TWITTER FACEBOOK GOODREADS